Website Rappahannock-Rapidan Community Services
CLINICAL Supervisor – SUD Inpatient Treatment
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK: FLSA Status: Exempt
Performs intermediate professional work providing direct clinical service to clients involving intake, treatment planning, case management and psychotherapy; does related work as required. Work is performed under general supervision. Supervision is exercised over subordinate personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
Assessing needs; developing service plans; managing cases; providing therapy; providing clinical supervision for internship or licensure; maintaining records and files; preparing reports.
- Provides substance abuse, individual, marital, family and group therapy programs; implements treatment plans.
- Provides case management services for clients.
- Provides crisis intervention services to individuals and families.
- Develops and maintains administrative and clinical files and reports.
- Ensures compliance with clinical standards for licensing, contracts, and accreditation.
- Provides consultation, and education services; provides drug and alcohol testing.
- Participates in clinical, administrative and supervisory meetings; facilitates treatment team meetings, collaborates with other staff members concerning cases.
- Develops and presents lectures, coordinates and updates client treatment schedule; provides clinical and programmatic direction for the Boxwood program.
- Provides supervision and in-service training for SA Clinicians and Technicians.
- Performs intakes, client assessments and diagnostic interviews, and develops and writes comprehensive intake and diagnostic summaries and reports; develops and records measurable behavioral treatment plans.
- Prepares various reports and case related correspondence.
- May provide clinical supervision for licensure or in support of other clinical goals/activities as assigned.
- May be assigned on-call duties and as such work outside normal work hours in emergency situations.
- Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of diagnostic classification and psychosocial assessment; thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of providing care to the emotionally disturbed, socially dysfunctional, behaviorally disordered, mentally ill and/or substance abusive clients and their families; thorough knowledge of the theories and techniques of counseling and crisis intervention; thorough knowledge of intake techniques and procedures; ability to evaluate and screen clients; ability to prepare adequate records and to report findings and data effectively; ability to effectively deliver clinical supervision, support and direction to staff in pursuit of licensure or other clinical goals/activities; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, associates and the thorough public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A master’s degree in a license eligible field is required. LMHP required, at least 3 years clinical experience required. Supervisory experience preferred
This is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects; work requires fingering, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels, and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, operation of motor vehicles or equipment, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general
CLINICAL MANAGER – SA Residential Treatment
Class description continued
surroundings and activities; the worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions. The worker may be exposed to bloodborne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment.
Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Attends training and maintains certifications as required by the Agency and regulatory guidelines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Encompass Community Services does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, or military service.
To apply for this job please visit www.rrcsb.org.