Website Encompass Community Supports
On-Call Substitute Senior Center Administrator
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK: FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Serves as a back-up to the Senior Center Administrator when Administrator is off. Supervises senior center activities. Work is performed under general instructions, established routines and/or standardized practices and procedures with supervision of progress and results.
- Provides daily emotional support to members at senior center.
- Prepares a variety of mandated monthly reports for funding, planning, and regulatory purposes while maintaining appropriate agency and member files, including but not limited to, intakes, mandated forms and annual updates.
- Develops a senior center monthly activities calendar which includes required activities as well as recreational and social events.
- Maintains daily, weekly and monthly financial records meeting all guidelines and deadlines of Encompass.
- Ensures a clean and safe physical environment, meeting all local and state code requirements.
- Orders, monitors and participates in safe serving and distribution of meals, shelf stable meal boxes and community donations. Follows proper food handling guidelines ensuring all nutrition services standards are followed. Orders facility supplies through appropriate channels.
- Advocates for members providing information and referral on resources and services which may enhance and assist individuals.
- Coordinates, assists, and executes time, talents, and energy to provide for 5 county events and special agency events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Some knowledge of the nutritional needs of older adults; some knowledge of planning and presenting activities aimed at older adults; ability to follow oral instructions and understand simple written terms; skill in the serving of meals and safe handling of food; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with members, associates, community organizations and agency leaders, businesses and the general public; proficiency in computer software. Knowledge of MS Office, to include Word and Excel.
Accountability and Dependability; Adaptability and Flexibility; Attention to Detail; Decision Making and Judgement; Reading Comprehension; and Teamwork.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent; At least 3 years of experience working with senior citizens; and, at least 2 years of experience in program planning.
This work requires light physical effort working almost exclusively with lightweight materials (up to 25 pounds) and short periods in difficult positions. Working conditions may involve occasional exposure to some disagreeable elements; work involves frequent exposure to hazards where lost-time accidents are definitely possible; there may also be some considerable mental effort and stress involved which could result in discomfort and ineffectiveness. The worker may be exposed to bloodborne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment.
Valid Virginia driver’s license; attends training, and maintains required certifications such as CPR/First Aid.
Salary Range: $15.87-$19.83/hourly
Encompass Community Services does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, or military service.
To apply for this job please visit www.encompasscommunitysupports.org.