Website Rappahannock Rapidan Community Services
Encompass Community Services is hiring several Part-Time Transit Operators to work out of our Culpeper location and driving in Orange, Madison, Culpeper, Rappahannock, and Fauquier Counties. Encompass Community Services is a Virginia State community services organization that improves the quality of life in Culpeper, Fauquier, Madison, Orange and Rappahannock Counties by providing comprehensive mental health, substance use, developmental disability, housing, children’s and aging services. As an organization of almost 400 employees and more than 80 programs, we lead with integrity and excellence and embrace diversity, collaboration, accountability and innovation to respond to the ever-changing needs of our community.
Encompass Community Services Transit provides a positive mobility service for individuals to maximize their potential for independence, improved quality of life, and aging in place.
Our Part-Time Transit Operators starting hourly rate of $15.11, working up to 29 hours per week.
- Transport older adults and individuals with disabilities to designated locations.
- Assists clients with boarding and getting off vehicles, including operating vehicle wheelchair lift equipment.
- Loads and unloads meals and cases of Ensure; delivers to client residences.
- Complete pre-trip maintenance and safety inspections; performs general maintenance tasks or coordinates for vehicle service as needed.
- Documents mileage readings for riders on manifest log and completes other record keeping requirements.
- Able to secure, move, and maneuver passengers in wheelchairs as needed with appropriate levels of assistance.
- Operates 2-way radios to communicate with agency base for coordination of route.
- Picks-up and delivers agency mail and packages to program sites.
- Maintains vehicle cleanliness, both interior and exterior.
- Attends division and program in-services and trainings.
- Performs general maintenance and safety inspections on motor pool vehicles.
- Take vans to shop and pick-up whenever needed.
- Assists with training of new drivers and cross-training of routes.
- Performs general office assistance work as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Some High School education
- A valid Virginia Driver’s license and at least 21 years of age,
- At least 1 year driving experience with a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass employment background checks for driving, education, criminal and drug screening,
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Experience operating passenger vehicles or similar equipment and experience providing passenger assistance.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of regions traffic rules and regulations,
- Ability to operate passenger vehicles and related equipment safely and efficiently,
- Ability to remain alert and to remain calm during the periods of stress,
- Ability to keep records and prepare reports,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and associates.
Must be able to work 3-4 days per week (Monday – Friday). No benefits but opportunity to transfer to 30 hour part time or 37.5 hour full time may be available at a later time.
Encompass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, or military service.
To apply for this job please visit www.rrcsb.org.